Saturday, August 23, 2008

PLACES


Travel. There are so many possible places. There is always the 'before I die I want to' kind of place. I think this city, Budapest, would have to be my number one. It brings to mind many images of history....but of of other cultures and places. East meets West. All the counts and kings and queens. All the scandal and intrigue. It seems a strange and dark place to me.
What interests me most is how little I know of this place, culture or history. The city is more like a vague rumor. I don't even know one single historic point of interest or landmark. I know about a few places, some details of them,but have no inclination to visit them...the great well-known areas of the world...not since they invented cable TV.
Wait. I believe they have a large Gypsy population. It all makes sense now. :-)
If you are passing by this blog along your Internet travels - and you have been to this great city of which I am so stupid of - please drop some knowledge and experience in the comments section below. I would love to learn more about it.
Köszönöm!!

No comments: